At Jayne Law Group, P.C., Ashley Riser represents individuals and small businesses in both federal and state court. From complex, white collar litigation in federal court to misdemeanors at the local level, Ms. Riser is enthusiastic about criminal defense. She brings a combination of extensive courtroom experience and detail-oriented research and writing skills to the Jayne Law Group team. Ms. Riser also prides herself on building outstanding client relationships.
Before joining Jayne Law Group, Ms. Riser represented indigent clients in both the private and public sector. While a criminal defense attorney in the private sector, she represented clients charged with a wide range of misdemeanors, including driving under the influence, theft offenses, and drug possession. As a Certified Legal Intern in the Major Crimes division at the Sacramento County Public Defender’s Office, Ms. Riser worked with clients facing domestic violence felonies, misdemeanors, and probation violations. Ms. Riser’s work on behalf of these clients was partially funded by a grant from AmeriCorps JD, a prestigious federal program dedicated to serving low-income communities.
Ms. Riser earned her law degree from the University of California, Davis School of Law and her Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of California, Riverside. She is admitted to practice law in California’s state and federal courts. She is also a member of the Women’s White Collar Defense Association, the San Francisco Bar Association, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- University of California, Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- University of California, Riverside, Riverside, California
- Major: English
- Women's White Collar Defense Association, Member of San Francisco Chapter
- Women in White Collar Defense Association, Young Lawyers Committee Member
- San Francisco Bar Association Barristers Club, Member
- San Francisco Bar Association, Criminal Law & Government Investigations, Member